Evernote For Wedding Planning

Thursday, January 9, 2014


It seems like everybody I know is either pregnant or recently engaged. Yesterday I helped out my fellow preggos so it only seems fair that I help out brides-to-be today.Planning a wedding, although wonderful, is very stressful. It kind of takes over your life until the big day arrives. Staying organized is key to staying as sane as is possible for a bride-to-be. There are so many tools offered to brides, I experimented with many of them until I found the best tool for us. Believe it or not, it was the Evernote app.

Evernote is available for your Mac, iPad, and iPhone, making it accessible from everywhere! What Seth and I did was make one account which was logged into on all of our devices so that we could both access wedding things as needed. This was a perfect option for us because 1) we could both access the files, 2) nothing could get lost or ruined, 3) we could both stay heavily involved in the planning, I didn't feel like I had to do it all. 

The file that we used the most was our wedding checklist. Evernote has this wonderful bulleted list of boxes that you can go through and check off as you complete each item. I broke up the full wedding checklist into sections for each month, so we only had to focus on one section at a time rather than staring at one huge long list. Once it got closer to the wedding I had a section for the week of the wedding, the day before the wedding, and the day of the wedding. 

Each month had specific tasks and any task that was specifically Seth's was color coded in red so that he wouldn't miss it (even though he checked the list more often than I did). Gals, if you're grooms aren't already going out of their way to help with planning, like Seth did, just give them specific tasks on the checklist, the only reason they aren't going out of their way to help is probably because they just don't know what to do/how to help. 


My suggestion for you is to have a few key files: [master] Wedding Checklist, Music, Guest List (with RSVPs), Links to DIY Projects. Obviously add any other lists that you think you'll need, those are just a few suggestions of the basics. As I said earlier it's great for both of you to have access to the checklist so you can both work on it and same goes for the other files. Music because you may hear something while out and about that would be perfect for your reception playlist so you have to be able to keep track of song ideas and the guest list because guests will randomly tell either of you yes or no, having a place you can get to quickly on your phone or computer will help you not to miss any of the RSVPs. 

Have you ever used Evernote for your wedding planning or anything else for that matter? It's so handy and easy to use! I still love to handwrite lists but when both of us are involved, it helps to have it online for easy access. Good luck with your planning ladies! If you have any questions about using Evernote in planning, let me know in the comments below.

Love,
Abby

P.S. This was not a sponsored post. I genuinely found Evernote helpful in wedding planning. 

8 comments:

  1. Oh the internet!! :) I used WeddingWire for almost everything, even my RSVP's! I kind of like the simplicity of Evernote though! What an awesome resource!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. free stuff is great haha especially when it can be accessed on all of our devices

      Delete
  2. I had a digital anthro class that plugged Evernote like it was their day job, but I just couldn't use it very well. I always wanted to because I saw how it could just streamline the process like you've outlined, but sadly my brain isn't wired for it. Big problem since I kept losing our RSVP list, whoops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did take me a little bit of playing around with it to really get Evernote down. I think I've got it now though!

      Delete
  3. I user Evernote religiously for organizing blog posts and blogging ideas. I love love LOVE that it syncs with my Z10 too so that I can get inspiration down when it pops up. I can even write posts on my phone when I have my bluetooth keyboard with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah...it's such a versatile tool! My husband uses it to keep track of the bills each month and I use it for rough draft blog posts when on the go :)

      Delete
  4. It was nice article for wedding planner to get new idea for planning wedding in mobile app thanks

    ReplyDelete